What is Python? Why is it one of the most powerful programming languages?3 min read
Python is a widely used high-level programming language for general-purpose programming, created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. An interpreted language, Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability and a syntax that allows programmers to express concepts in a fewer line of code. It provides constructs that enable clear programming on both small and large scales.
Python interpreters are available for many operating systems. CPython, the reference implementation of Python, is open source software and has a community-based development model, as do nearly all of its variant implementations. CPython is managed by the non-profit Python Software Foundation.
As a general-purpose programming language, Python can be used for multiple things. Python can be easily used for small, large, online and offline projects. The best options for utilizing Python are Web Development, simple scripting, and data analysis. Below are a few examples of what Python will let you do:
You can use Python to create web applications on many levels of complexity. There are many excellent Python web frameworks including Pyramid, Django, and Flask, etc…
Python is the leading language of choice for many data scientists. Python has grown in popularity, within this field, due to its excellent libraries including; NumPy and Pandas and its superb libraries for data visualization like Matplotlib and Seaborn.
What if you could predict customer satisfaction or analyze what factors will affect household pricing or to predict stocks over the next few days, based on previous years data? The are many wonderful libraries implementing machine learning algorithms such as Scikit-Learn, NLTK, and TensorFlow.
You can do many interesting things like Face detection, Color detection while using OpenCV and Python.
Internet of Things With Raspberry Pi:
Raspberry Pi is a very tiny and affordable computer which was developed for education and has gained enormous popularity hobbyists with do-it-yourself hardware and automation. You can even build a robot and automate your entire home. Raspberry Pi can be used as the brain for your robot in order to perform various actions and/or react to the environment. The coding on a Raspberry Pi can be performed using Python. The Possibilities are endless!
Create a video game using module Python. Basically, you use Python to write the logic of the game. PyGame applications can run on Android devices.
And a lot of things you can do with Python:
- If you need to grab data from a website but the site does not have an API to expose data, use Python to scraping data.
- If you’re doing something manually and want to automate repetitive stuff, such as emails, it’s not difficult to automate once you know the basics of this language.
- Perform some neat things such as opening a browser and posting a Facebook status, you can do it with Selenium With Python.
- Build a GUI application (desktop app) using Python modules Tkinter, PyQt to support it.
- Python has libraries for just about everything. Use it to quickly build a (lower-performance, often less powerful) prototype. Python is also great for validating ideas or products for established companies and start-ups alike.
Python can be used in so many different projects. If you’re a programmer looking for a new language, you want one that is growing in popularity. As a newcomer to programming, Python is the perfect choice for learning quickly and easily. Python offers a stepping stone into the world of programming.