Hi friends, as you can see writing code isn’t enough, to become a programmer you need to have a certain ability to think. To train thinking as a programmer, solving algorithm is a great option. First of all, what is algorithm?
According to Wikipedia, Algorithm is an unambiguous specification of how to solve a class of problems. Algorithms can perform calculation, data processing and automated reasoning tasks.
Why should you learn Algorithm?
- It helps you think like a programmer.
- Always make sure you find the best solution.
- You works faster and easier when you using algorithm.
- It is easy to debug as every step is got its own logical sequence.
- And a lot of other advantages when you using Algorithm…
A few examples of using Algorithm:
- In order to make the display exactly what user is looking for, Google use algorithm.
- For quality content on your newsfeed that suits you best, Facebook uses their algorithm.
- Or just to display the largest number of digits you have entered, you can use algorithm.
Difficulties encountered when learning and practicing Algorithm:
- It’s quite hard for beginners.
- You need to understand many concepts of programming language that you will practice algorithm on it.
- It’s time consuming.
But don’t let it hinder your progress…because
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
How do I present my thoughts?
What the algorithms we will learn and practice together?
Starting with the basic algorithms, you and me will overcome the algorithm challenges on some of the following popular sites:
How can we learn and practice algorithm together?
As I mentioned earlier, each article will be an algorithm challenge on 1 of the 3 sites above. I will present the problem I have dealt with in detail and you should pay attention to observe step-by-step to understand the problem or so great if you can figure out better solution for yourself.
On the next article, You and I will practice together on the first algorithm challenge. I am very excited to write this article. Happy Coding and see you next time!